Looking Back

“Only the living complains or grumbles about their lot in life.”

I was just grumbling about how things are going around me, bitching about how life is just damn unfair when I heard about the passing of an acquaintance of mine.

Then it hit me, I can grumble and bitch around because I am still among the living. What is a more absolute sentence than death? There is no hope of recovery, of bouncing back and surprising the world.

I then look back at my supposed worries and fears and they are not so overwhelming anymore. My greatest hope and consolation is the fact that I am alive and well.

I think we humans are wont to sticking to our woes forgetting the little reasons to be thankful, to be grateful just for being alive and healthy.

Some people are dependent on drugs daily not by choice but by necessity, some can’t perform some bodily functions without the help of machines yet I am complaining about mundane things.

So here’s to what I am thankful for; I am thankful for life, for family, for health, for a reasonable sound mind to an extent (rolls eye, I know I am sometimes crazy) and a whole lot of little reasons.


Please take a break and be thankful about the things that are going on well in your life and even take a step further and be thankful for the things that are not going so well… it is probably just for a while, things tend to get better faster when we believe; things will definitely get better.

Comments

Popular Posts