Friends
So it’s my
birthday, a year has gone by; I am a year older now, well that's a few weeks ago. I look back and all I can
say is thank you, Lord.
The year
gone past has been one filled with drama; it seems I am always surrounded by
it. Through the drama, I am still standing, not faltering.
I lost a
great deal of myself in the course of the year but right now I’m regaining
myself and seeing a new me that I was not aware of.
I am
especially thankful for the friends I have, they’ve been amazing all the way… like
Oprah said “Friendship is unnecessary like philosophy, like art, it has no
survival value; rather it is one of those things that give values to survival”.
A few of the close ones follow the definition given by Robert
Hall “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same”.
When I was down almost at my lowest I had friends by me and
I’m grateful for that. John D Rockefeller said, “Let us be grateful to people who
make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom “.
Albert Camus said, "A friend should be one in whose
understanding and virtue we can confide and whose opinion we can value at once
for its justness and its sincerity”. It is often strenuous and cumbersome going
through life’s trials alone, bitterness sometimes set in, and I sometimes make
errors of judgment but these friends get me back on track by giving me a heavy
dose of the bitter truth whenever I need it.
And the friends who have broadened my horizons Albert
Schweitzer “Friends and good manners will carry you where money cannot go”. I
somehow have been able to achieve a little part of the new me through friends
who are taking me to places money cannot go.
Here’s to the friends who get me most of the time and love
me all the same: Aisha, Dapo, Tobi, Saheed, Gbenga, Bolu, A.B., Yusuf, Olaitan,
Yinka 1&2, Paschal whose forte is giving me positive headaches, Tomide who
is just simply, very simply amazing. I am grateful to have you guys in my life,
thanks for being there even when I was/am naughty and troublesome.
Comments
Post a Comment