TRUST: The Injustice
"I have met hundreds of people who have made putting off today what can be done tomorrow a science" Byron Pulsifer.
With his words, I guiltily welcome you to 2014. I happen to be on my way to making procrastination a science.
This is my first post for the year. *smh* I can't excuse the fact that I have been lazy. On a bright note, I have become a full graduate of food science and technology *doing the skelewu dance* so happy to be through with undergraduate studies.
I was compelled to write today based on an encounter. I met a man at an older friend's office, my older friend on checking through his guest's phone asked if a picture was that of the man's wife. The guest answered in affirmative, which prompted my older friend to ask why he still slept around with such a pretty wife. The guest just waved his comment aside, saying "Leave madam matter alone, she's not complaining."
His statement made me gasp and he looked at me in askance. I asked him what would he do if he heard his wife step out on him just like he does. He answered me that she does not have a reason to because he takes very good care of her in all ramifications including sexually. He also said his wife is not aware of his roving eyes, "she trusts me so much that she wouldn't believe you if you told her you saw me with a lady in a compromising position.
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you cannot see where it keeps its brain" Henry Stimson *sighs* there arises a conflict, is it a crime to trust your partner? Why do some people find it so easy to break the trust bestowed on them?
"You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough" Eric Schmidt. I sure pray my future husband doesn't take advantage of my trust sometimes in the future because like the last quote implies, you just have to trust for your own good.
I leave you in the hands of Ralph Waldo Emerson "There are people I know who can't hurt me, I call them corpses". May God help us with these philosophers who ring true to realities. Continue trusting and keep on praying you don't get hurt for it. Have fun, ciao.
This is my first post for the year. *smh* I can't excuse the fact that I have been lazy. On a bright note, I have become a full graduate of food science and technology *doing the skelewu dance* so happy to be through with undergraduate studies.
I was compelled to write today based on an encounter. I met a man at an older friend's office, my older friend on checking through his guest's phone asked if a picture was that of the man's wife. The guest answered in affirmative, which prompted my older friend to ask why he still slept around with such a pretty wife. The guest just waved his comment aside, saying "Leave madam matter alone, she's not complaining."
His statement made me gasp and he looked at me in askance. I asked him what would he do if he heard his wife step out on him just like he does. He answered me that she does not have a reason to because he takes very good care of her in all ramifications including sexually. He also said his wife is not aware of his roving eyes, "she trusts me so much that she wouldn't believe you if you told her you saw me with a lady in a compromising position.
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you cannot see where it keeps its brain" Henry Stimson *sighs* there arises a conflict, is it a crime to trust your partner? Why do some people find it so easy to break the trust bestowed on them?
"You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough" Eric Schmidt. I sure pray my future husband doesn't take advantage of my trust sometimes in the future because like the last quote implies, you just have to trust for your own good.
I leave you in the hands of Ralph Waldo Emerson "There are people I know who can't hurt me, I call them corpses". May God help us with these philosophers who ring true to realities. Continue trusting and keep on praying you don't get hurt for it. Have fun, ciao.
Comments
Post a Comment