contradictory

I happen to be called a talkative and I surprised my neighbor by running from my room because a friend of mine who talks a lot was coming to my room.
Talking at length is palatable when it’s between friends who have diverse topics to pick from but when there is nothing or little in common between me and a friend I tend to avoid talking. This made me run from the friend when I saw him heading towards my building.
My being quiet at times has been an issue between me and some friends who think I’m quiet and this makes them quite surprised when they see me among people I feel free chatting with.
This week, I had to make some sacrifices for two friends by paying their school fees into the crowded bank at school. The money was sent on Wednesday, but I unfortunately was unable to cash the money on Wednesday so I had to return to the bank early Thursday morning so as to finish my business there early but alas at the bank, people were milling around. It took two hours for me and my neighbor who also went to pay her school fees to enter the bank and it took another one hour for us to be attended to. The lady I paid to refused to collect payment for two and it caused me another few minutes before I could pay for both my friends.  I must get paid for my sweat when my friends finally resumes.
Also, a graduate of my building came for a meeting on behalf of his company and spent the night in my building. This guy is doing well for himself in the few years he has left school and has been a role model to us his neighbors academically and a model to our male neighbors as a chronic womanizer. His stay was fun and was educative.
My weekend was quite fun as I took a drink called ‘jedi’ which is a herbal drink from roots, herbs, lime, gin etc. this drink was inspired by my friend who wanted to broaden my knowledge and me secretly think he also wanted to see my alcohol tolerance level. I didn’t try to prove my drinking ability; I stayed within my limit by taking a quarter of the cup given to me.  It proved a nice education and I didn’t get drunk on it... thank God!
Thanks for sharing my week with me, wishing y’all a great week ahead.
Ciao!!!

Comments

Popular Posts