That smile
Behind the smile
Behind the smile lies a person who has fought and lost;
Lays a defeated soul who is trying to hold on by the thread...
Whose hope is only the faint “silver lining in the cloud”
Somehow, you can’t go around wearing your problems as a cloak.
You gotta put up a smile, smile despite your fears,
In spite of the uncertainty of tomorrow because
We believe the troubles of tomorrow will take care of itself…
Often at times we cry ourselves to bed
But that little hope that tomorrow will take care of itself gives the strength to go on.
I’m not a poet, I’m not even an aspiring one, I don’t know much about making words rhyme but the words above were written around the time I felt so dejected.
There was little or nothing I could do to save the situation and I couldn’t go around wearing a gloomy face…
Somehow, I found the strength and courage to carry on; I’m partially over that episode in my life but it made me realize there’s so much pain and heartache going around that we have to put on a cloak of cheerfulness every now and then.
With those abysmal words I welcome you to my world once more, it’s been a while and I hope things have been going on well for you.
I just feel like cheering someone up; know this… sometimes you have to hit the deep before things begin to make sense. Also please, don’t let pride take you away from people who can be of assistance.
We all need each other to make us stronger and lift us up when we can’t find the strength and the will to move on with trials of this life, natural or man made.
We also have to be attentive to the needs of others and stop being enamored with all our "assumed woes" which makes us blind to someone who needs our care and atention more...
Enough of my gloomy self, I’ve been without an internet enabled phone for about two months now. When I gave up my phone, I wondered how I’d survive but alas I have survived and still surviving. I am unable to get a new phone for now because of my school’s final year project ...
Have fun till I come to ramble again
Behind the smile lies a person who has fought and lost;
Lays a defeated soul who is trying to hold on by the thread...
Whose hope is only the faint “silver lining in the cloud”
Somehow, you can’t go around wearing your problems as a cloak.
You gotta put up a smile, smile despite your fears,
In spite of the uncertainty of tomorrow because
We believe the troubles of tomorrow will take care of itself…
Often at times we cry ourselves to bed
But that little hope that tomorrow will take care of itself gives the strength to go on.
I’m not a poet, I’m not even an aspiring one, I don’t know much about making words rhyme but the words above were written around the time I felt so dejected.
There was little or nothing I could do to save the situation and I couldn’t go around wearing a gloomy face…
Somehow, I found the strength and courage to carry on; I’m partially over that episode in my life but it made me realize there’s so much pain and heartache going around that we have to put on a cloak of cheerfulness every now and then.
With those abysmal words I welcome you to my world once more, it’s been a while and I hope things have been going on well for you.
I just feel like cheering someone up; know this… sometimes you have to hit the deep before things begin to make sense. Also please, don’t let pride take you away from people who can be of assistance.
We all need each other to make us stronger and lift us up when we can’t find the strength and the will to move on with trials of this life, natural or man made.
We also have to be attentive to the needs of others and stop being enamored with all our "assumed woes" which makes us blind to someone who needs our care and atention more...
Enough of my gloomy self, I’ve been without an internet enabled phone for about two months now. When I gave up my phone, I wondered how I’d survive but alas I have survived and still surviving. I am unable to get a new phone for now because of my school’s final year project ...
Have fun till I come to ramble again
Comments
Post a Comment