2012---->>>>> Thank you Jesus
I intended to write a blogpost on my birthday, but unfortunately
my data subscription finished before D-Day... I had written a few lines down
and here’s it…
Another year has rolled by, my birthday is here again. I’ve
read some bloggers lessons on their birthday, so I won’t write my lessons, at
least not directly. This will be a reflection of the year gone by…
Between Dec. 14 last year and now…a lot of water has passed
under the bridge… I cried, I laughed, I frowned and smiled, but looking back, I
thank God for how the year turned out.
I started this year single, (yeah big deal!!) I’m ending it
not single... (cool story) I know. I started it with a full although fractured
family, ending with a beautiful family although minus one... no one died o…
The year kicked off with me having a couple of great friends,
and I’m ending it with about five amazing new and rediscovered friends.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, I
started my industrial attachment sometimes this year- April precisely and ended
the training in September… there’s not much too story to tell about the
attachment, all we worked on was anti-oxidants (google is your best friend).
Aside academically related learning, I learnt inter-personal relationship and
business relationship in a new dimension.
I learnt not to rely so much on people... (I should know
that before, right??) I did, I just sometimes choose not to remember. I learnt
to believe in miracles because I saw it work for me.
Meeting ‘him’ was a miracle, my industrial attachment was a
miracle, and the friends I made were miraculously met. These are people I never
conceived being acquainted with... they all imparted in my life in a way or the
other… They taught me tolerance, love, forgiveness, humility, team spirit,
compromises and they’ve made me believe that great men still exist… ‘Hey, don’t
be chauvinistic, men is a group name in this context’.
That was written a day before my birthday, my birthday was a
miracle… essentially a surprise!! My friends and boyfriend made the day one I won’t
forget in a hurry!! I got a cake!!!! ‘not so big a deal abi?’ it’s a big deal
to me, I last got a cake ten years ago and this year is my first birthday
surprise ever… actually I was thinking le boo had forgotten my birthday earlier
that day as he didn’t contact me… till I got humbled in school… I love him much
more than he knows… (I wrote it!!!! Big deal!!)
I felt like crying when my friend gave me my cake with 'Happy Birthday Bolanle' written on it, she gave a
speech about le boo providing for it etc.. except for the fact she called him by someone else name though… *tongue
out* I refused to take a picture with the cake before she got me to calm down!!
My 23rd birthday is a day I will never forget..
To round up the year, I’m thankful for my life, for my
family, for my boyfriend and for my friends… God has been faithful; He strategically
blessed me with people who have bettered me in one form or the other. I thank
God for journey mercies I didn’t travel as much as 2011 but I was preserved…
I thank God for you reading this!!
Joyeaux Noel!!!!
Wishing you a beautiful 2013… May the year be a year of testimonies in all spheres of our life and my dear country, Nigeria


Comments
Post a Comment